Classes are taught at Bradley University in Peoria; Washington’s Five Points, Eureka College, Lincoln College, and also Bloomington if enough interest. Additional sites may be available. Staff at Aqua Diving School can work with your schedule if needed. Private or semi-private sessions are available.
Regular scheduled classes consist of 2 to five sessions. Classes are split between class and pool time. Course can be completed in one weekend. All students vary in their comfort level in the water and our staff is aware that more or less time may be needed for students to complete the course. You can watch your own PADI DVD which will shorten your class time. They are excellent for review. All scuba equipment is provided in the class. Books can be purchased at our store or they can be sent. Mask, fins, snorkel, and boots can also be purchased at our store or they can be rented for a small fee for the class. If not sure about a purchase try the equipment in the water first. The rental can be applied to purchase if done before the certification dives. Receive a six months subscription of Dive Trainer with this class.
Certification dives consist of four open water dives for which there is a one time fee. Expect some additional trip costs. These dives can be completed locally, on one of our popular Bull Shoals trips, or weekend trips to Mermet, Haig Quarry,and Strode Lake. During the winter months training dives can be completed in Mermet Springs, Bonne Terre Mine (Minimum of 4 students needed) or on an ocean trip. They can also be completed on one of our fantastic Caribbean trips, or a referral package can be obtained if you have ocean trip which is not accompanied by one of our instructors. Students must arrange to pick up their scuba equipment for their training dives.
Cost for the classroom and confined water training including all scuba equipment, $162. Books and DVDs are available for purchase at Aqua Diving School or they can be sent to you. We will match any price offered. College credit is available for the Open Water and Advanced class. $25 rental fee for snorkeling equipment is waived with the ICC class. The rental charge is credited back when you purchase your own mask, fins, snorkel, and boots from Aqua Diving School. Certification dives which includes four open water dives, scuba equipment, and card is only $115. For ICC classes sign up in Morton or at ICC in East Peoria.
Additional classes can be arranged to accommodate your schedule. See private/on-line classes. Can arrange classes in Bloomington area. Number of sessions is flexible.
- April 6 and 13, Saturday at Eureka College in Eureka.
- April 20, weekend class in at Five Points in Washington or Eureka.
- May 18-19, Saturday/Sunday weekend class in Lincoln or at Five Points in Washington.
- Classes arranged at Five Points (Washington), Eureka, Lincoln, and Bradley, and Bloomington.
- June 3, Monday, 6:00 PM at Aqua Diving/Washington Five Points. Also for ICC credit.
- June 8 – 9, Saturday/Sunday weekend class in Bloomington.
- July, Saturday/Sunday weekend class at Five Points or Eureka.
- August 24, Saturday, 8:30 AM at Aqua Diving/Washington Five Points. Also for ICC credit.
- August 19 or 26, Monday, 6:00 PM at Aqua Diving/Washington Five Points. Also for ICC credit.